131st Annual Commencement: Friday, May 16, 2014
The following provides important information for masters’ students who will graduate in the 2013-2014 academic year.
A student will be awarded the graduation date for the term in which degree requirements, including submission of supporting documents, have been met.
Although coursework may have been completed in a prior term, the degree will be awarded only for the term for which all academic and administrative requirements have been fulfilled.
Submitting an Application for Graduation
An application to apply for a graduate degree is a requirement for all Price masters’ students.
Students graduating Fall (December) 2013, Spring (May) 2014 or Summer (August) 2014 should complete the Price School Masters’ Degree Application for Graduation by November 8, 2013 at the following link:
For additional information about graduation requirements, please go to the Graduate Students page in the “Requirements for Graduation” section of theUSC Catalogue.
1. All Price School masters’ students MUST apply to graduate. Submission of the Price School Masters’ Degree Application for Graduation is necessary to initiate the graduation process. (Note, the application is an internal Price School document.)
2. USC confers degrees at the end of each semester: Fall (December), Spring (May) and Summer (August). The USC commencement ceremony is held each year in May. Information regarding commencement is available early in the spring semester.
3. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required to earn a graduate degree.
4. All degree requirements must be completed by the end of the semester of the expected date of graduation as indicated on the Price School Masters’ Degree Application for Graduation.
5. All students should review their USC academic record in OASIS (the completed course summary, or the STARS report). Students should review their STARS report for any errors.
6. It is each student’s responsibility to make certain that their academic and financial records are in order at the University. It is also each student’s responsibility to be aware of all University academic and procedural policies.
7. MHA students: Degrees will be conferred upon completion of all required coursework AND residency requirements.
Obtaining Your Diploma
Diplomas will be available about 4-8 weeks after the last day of your final semester. Students are responsible for checking the accuracy of their name, as well as local and permanent addresses on file with USC. The way your name reads on your current record is the way it will appear on your diploma. Once your degree has posted your name cannot not be changed.
Any name change must be submitted prior to your degree being posted. If your degree has not been posted, you can still request a name change/correction. If you wish to correct the name that is currently on record, please DO THIS NOW. Information can be found online at this link: http://www.usc.edu/dept/ARR/glossary/n.html
Diplomas are mailed to the permanent address on file. To avoid any delay in receiving the diploma students should verify that the permanent address on file with USC will be valid for at least three months following their final semester of study and the expected degree conferral date.
Any address updates and changes can be made through OASIS. Commencement information is sent to the local address on file.
USC’s 131st Annual Commencement takes place on Friday, May 16, 2014. The May Commencement Ceremony is held for students graduating Fall (December) 2013, Spring (May) 2014, or Summer (August) 2014. Students graduating Fall (December) 2014 may choose to walk in May 2014, though only candidates graduating in the academic year 2013-2014 will be listed in the university’s Commencement program this year.
The USC Main Commencement Ceremony for all USC graduates begins in Alumni Memorial Park with a procession at 8:30 a.m.
The USC ceremony is followed by satellite ceremonies that each school holds at various locations and times. It is anticipated that Price ceremonies will be at the following times:
The Price School Graduate Satellite Ceremony for all Price graduate students is tentatively scheduled for 3 p.m. at Lot 6 on Downey Way near Kaprielian Hall. The graduate satellite ceremony begins with a Doctoral Student Hooding Ceremony for graduating PhD and DPPD students. The graduate satellite ceremony will be followed by a reception at Argue Plaza, located in front of Lewis Hall.
If you have any questions, please email SHC at firstname.lastname@example.org.