Expand your network!
The USC Student Health Council has developed a peer mentor program for MHA students to foster new relations and address students’ needs. Students will benefit from a mentor to help address questions, give insight, and ease concerns that come with new classes, securing residencies and life after graduation.
The new school year is upon us and SHC is making every effort to welcome our incoming and returning colleagues. We are calling on all MHAs to help make the mentor program a success.
How does it work?
First year MHA students will be paired with Second Year or eMHA students.
Students will have an opportunity to:
* Share your experiences in regards to MHA classes/professors.
* Share your experiences in the health care industry.
* Attend professional, social and networking events together.
There are no specific requirements but Mentees and Mentors should meet at least twice during the academic year. Please ensure that you can meet this recommendation before partaking in the Mentee/Mentor Program.
When you meet, we offer these best tips for success:
* Have your first meeting at our fall speaker event, Understanding Sacramento. RSVP at https://usc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4TKnB6M2OBtL4A5
* Ask questions.
* Discuss career interests, challenges, and successes.
* Talk about the MHA program, professors and ways to get involved.
While we provide the connection, it will be your responsibility to foster the relationship and maintain this valuable contact as you move forward in your academic and professional career.
Come expand your network and build a community of leaders. If you are interested, please fill out the online application here: https://usc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cZ3GPLiXAamI4fj
Applications are due by October 7, 2012.
Pairs will be emailed October 8, 2012.